Skilled Labour Job Overview:
Skilled labourers are workers who perform tasks independently without being supervised. People who perform skilled labour are equipped with advanced skillsets and take initiatives by thinking outside the box.
Skilled labourers are Fall Protection trained, able to identify scaffolding types and have experience using ladders safely.
Skilled labourers may be asked to complete a wide range of tasks. Below are some of the examples but not limited to it:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demolition, cement finishing, concrete restoration, and stripping forms.
- Assists in steel stud framing, wood framing, drywall procedures, painting preparation, insulation, and waterproofing.
- Operate equipment on construction site, work from heights and in confined spaces (only if trained and certified).
- Digging, operating a wheelbarrow and dollies.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, dewatering, pressure washing, operating a leaf blower, and other general site cleanup.
- Manual handling of material
- Acting as a spotter for equipment
- Counterbalanced forklift-certified (other equipment upon request-we certify our workers in majority of mobile and aerial equipment)
- Vacuuming (changing bags, filters, create a dustless environment)
- Pressure washing
- Operating a leaf blower, gas and electric
- Installs insulation and vapour barrier
- Assist in waterproofing
- Knowledge in measuring and snapping lines and assisting in layout
- Skilled Trades helper
- Must have at least 1+ year experience on commercial construction sites
- Knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Extensive knowledge of math
- Ability to work independently, unsupervised.
- Knowledge in rigging and hand signals highly preferred.
- Must own PPE (hard hat, high visibility vest, steel toe boots); other PPE such as glasses, half-face or full-face mask, gloves will be preferred.
- Must be physically fit (able to lift and move 50 lbs over 100 meters).
- Preferably has a basic tool belt.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
▲ Apply Now
Questions ? Call us at ▲ 778-398-1111